[pinkbutton link=”https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/baby-got-booked-the-podcast/id1013144570?mt=2″ class=”left”]Subscribe on itunes[/pinkbutton] [pinkbutton link=”http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/geeta-nadkarni/baby-got-booked-podcast” class=”none”]SUBSCRIBE ON STITCHER[/pinkbutton]Today’s episode is either going to make you feel like a complete slacker or is going to make you jump up and run outside and run your fastest five miles ever. Jessie Itzler is a self made billionaire married to another famous billionaire (Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx). They live in Atlanta Georgia with their four children. Jessie is a vegan and only eats fruit until noon. He made his first billion when he sold Marquis Jet, the world’s largest prepaid private jet car company, to Berkshire Hathaway/NetJets in 2001. He helped pioneer the Coconut Water craze with Zico Coconut Water, which he and his partners sold to Coca-Cola in 2013. He is a former rapper on MTV and produced both the NBA’s Emmy Award-winning “I Love This Game” music campaign and the popular New York Knicks anthem “Go NY Go”.
He is an ultra marathon runner, which is basically where you run 100 miles or more at a stretch without stopping. He hired a Navy SEAL to move into his apartment and live with him for 31 days because he wanted to take his game up a notch or two. See what I mean about feeling like a slacker? Today he will be talking about his latest book “Living with a SEAL” and about what it takes to cultivate a billionaire mindset.
What Jessie learned from living with a Navy SEAL:
• When your brain tells you you’re done you’re really only 40% done. You have so much more in your reserve tank that you have to tap into. You have to be willing to get uncomfortable and push your limits to see what you’re really made of to get into that tank. Jessie learned this at the gym when he could barely do 15 push ups and the SEAL told him they weren’t leaving until he did 100 more. Even though it seemed physically impossible, he did it.
• Don’t be scared to be embarrassed
• Be comfortable getting uncomfortable
• Once you stop worrying about what people or going to say or how people are going to act life becomes a lot better and a lot happier. Sometimes you have to have thick skin for that but it’s a leap of faith.
Your life resume:
It’s great to see people try something new, get out of their comfort zone and push their limits. But it’s hard to see people that have talent and ability but don’t have the will or the drive. We only have a limited amount of time on this earth. Jessie says he wants to have as many things on his life resume as he can. He doesn’t dwell on things he’s done, he just checks the box and looks for the next thing. It’s always about the next thing. We will all have some regrets but he doesn’t want to look back and say “I could have done that.”
• To get your first session free with an online personal trainer matched to your preferences, go to liftsession.com and enter the promo code Geeta.
• Buy Jessie’s book “Living with a SEAL” which is the hilarious story of his experience living with a Navy SEAL who made him do such crazy things as jump into a frozen lake and do a thousand push-ups in one day.
• David Goggins is the Navy SEAL (Google him)
• Reach out to me on Twitter @lifewithGeeta, Baby got Booked on Instagram and Facebook.
• Check out my column “#babygotabump” on entrepreneur.com where I’m going to give you an unprecedented insider look into our business as we do a pivot due to my pregnancy. See what it looks like to pivot a business as it is happening.
• Write headlines no journalist can resist, with the 58-headline template pack.
Download this episode!
Oh, and want your own billionaire mindset coach but can’t quite bring yourself to hire a Navy Seal? Use what I use and get a live trainer who will use your body to shift your mindset. All you need is a yoga mat and a computer or tablet. Sign up at LiftSession.com and use the promo code GEETA